The HUB - GP/Nurse Appointments
You may have heard us talk about appointment at the HUB if you have called for an appointment at the surgery.
What is this?
Southampton GPs introduced a new initiative a little while ago now to provide patients access to medical help from 8am to 8pm every weekday (including bank holidays) and 8am to 4pm on Saturday and 8am to 2pm on Sunday.
Southampton Primary Care Ltd (which is owned by all Southampton GP practices) has been set up to provide these appointments, known as 'THE HUB' and is an important part of the practices resource to help provide appointments to our patient population.
Who can use these appointments?
As a registered patient at Mulberry Surgery, we can book an appointment with a doctor or nurse for you. You may find it more convenient to ask for a HUB appointment especially if you work or can only see a GP or nurse at the weekend.
Where are these HUBS?
There are six HUBS throughout the city who offer these appointments, including your practice here.
- Woolston Lodge Surgery, 66 Portsmouth Road, Woolston, Southampton,SO19 9AL
- Chessel Practice, 4 Chessel Avenue, Bitterne, Southampton, SO19 4AA
- St Mary's Surgery, 1 Johnson Street, Southampton SO14 1LT
- Portswood Solent Surgery, 7 Belmont Road, Portswood, Southampton, SO17 2GD
- Shirley Health Partnership, Shirley Health Centre, Grove Road, Southampton SO15 3UA
- Aldermoor Surgery, Aldermoor Close, Southampton SO16 5ST
How do I book?
Our reception staff can book these for you, just phone reception. Also if you phone NHS 111 (when we are closed), then you could be offered a HUB appointment if you need to be seen by a GP or nurse on that day. Remember calling NHS 111 is free to phone and available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, so you may not need to wait until 8am on Monday morning if you are needing medical attention. over the weekend.
The staff at the HUB's, including the clinical staff, are employed by Southampton Primary Care Ltd.
Published: Feb 10, 2020